Please also see General Rules of the Festival here.
- Entries to be received by Michelle Cane, 11 Hawksworth Road, Burghfield Common, RG7 3NH or by email email@example.com together with appropriate fees by 16th March 2018. Entries received by email will receive competitor information electronically and entries received by post will be sent their competitor information via the email provided on the entry form. Late entries are at risk of non entry.
- Entry fees as stated against each class. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Berkshire Music and Arts’.
- Competitors must provide a copy of their music for the adjudicator on the day.
- We do not engage an Official Accompanist. Please arrange your own accompanist for the day. The under mentioned have agreed that they may be contacted and any arrangement will be at the competitor’s own expense.
- Joanna Miller-Shepherd – 0118 959 6307
- Judith Creighton – 07957 193366
- Barney Milner – 07853 298030
- Graded pieces to be chosen from any of the approved examination boards: Associated Board, Guildhall; Trinity etc. Players should enter the class appropriate to the Grade currently working for or passed within the last 6 months.
- An accompanying instrument should be provided where this has been included in the composition.
- Time limits for each class will be applied. Fragments of pieces should not be used, although individual movements of sonatas are acceptable.
- Compliance with copyright procedure is the responsibility of the competitor. The use of photocopies of sheet music is an infringement of the Copyright Regulations Act 1988.
- The system of marking will be in accordance with the scale of British Federation of Music Festivals.
- Competitors are permitted to perform more than once in the same class as a member of an ensemble or as part of a duet however not as an individual.
- The use of any photographic or recording equipment during the performances is not allowed.
- Practice rooms are limited at the various venues so although we will do our best, we cannot guarantee entrants the opportunity to warm up prior to their performance.
- No challenge cup or trophy will be awarded to any competitor gaining less than 84 marks.
- No recorded backing tracks allowed.
- All music cups awarded at the Festival are to be returned to Mrs Michelle Cane, 11 Hawkworth Road, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3NH by 16th March 2019.