Entry to the Festival is deemed to be an acceptance of these rules. Please ensure you have read the Festival’s Child Protection Policy and our new approach to Creating Safer Festivals for Everyone contained in the Syllabus. By completing and signing the entry form all parents / guardians / carers and teachers of entrants under 18 (or vulnerable adults of any age) confirm that they give (or have obtained) the necessary consents for the entrants to take part in the festival.
- Age limits, where applicable, with the limiting dates, are noted in the individual sections. Competitors must be within such age limits on day of competition.
- Entry forms and fees must be received as indicated in the rules of the section. Fees are not returnable, except at the discretion of the Committee.
- Cheques should be made payable to ‘Berkshire Music and Arts’.
- The decisions of the adjudicators and judges are final. Competitors will be notified of the date, time and place of all classes.
- Challenges trophies cannot be won outright and holders are required to return them as indicated in the respective sections. Awards and trophies in any class where, in the opinion of the adjudicators, a sufficiently high standard has not been attained, may be withheld.
- The holder of a trophy is responsible for any loss or damage.
- The holder of a trophy has permission from Berkshire Music and Arts Festival and will have the responsibility to get the trophy engraved with the recipient’s/recepients name (s) and date of the Festival. Please liaise with firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
- Any dispute which may arise in respect of the rules or any other matters connected with the Berkshire Festival of Music and Arts will be decided by the Committee whose decision is final.
- The Committee reserves the right to appoint replacement or additional adjudicators and to alter, modify or cancel any of the arrangements detailed in the syllabus.
- The Festival cannot be held responsible for the loss of any personal property; handbags; musical instruments or props.
- No challenge cup or trophy will be awarded to any competitor gaining less than 84 marks.