Creative Writing (Rules)
Please also see General Rules of the Festival here.
- Entries can be submitted by post to Creative Writing Chairman, Hazel Reindorp, 1 Clairmore Gardens, Tilehurst, Berkshire, RG31 6YD, postmarked no later than 21st November 2016. Entries must be accompanied by the correct fee. Cheques should be made payable to “Berkshire Music and Arts”
- Entries submitted via the website will receive an electronic acknowledgement; postal entrants should include a stamped addressed envelope if they wish to receive an acknowledgement.
- Entries should be typed double spaced or legibly hand written on A4 paper. Good clear margins are required on all work.
- Entrants may submit up to 3 poems and/or 1 short story each. These must not have been previously published in any form (including on a website), nor currently submitted to any other competition nor to any magazine/journal.
- Children’s entries must include, on the top right hand side of the front page: name, year group, entry class, if part of a School or Group entry, the name of the School or Group, and if a short story, the number of words.
- Adult entries will be marked anonymously. Each entry must include, on the top right hand side of the front page: the title, the entry class and the number of words. As the work will be marked anonymously, all personal information will be on the entry form.
- In the Short Story Classes marks will be deducted if the number of words exceeds the set number of words in each class.
- It is the responsibility of the School, Group or Individual to collect their Certificates and pieces of work at the end of the Festival. (29th January 2017)
- All Cups awarded during the Festival are to be returned to Mrs Hazel Reindorp, 1 Clairmore Gardens, Tilehurts, Berkshire RG31 6YD by 16th November 2016.
- Entries that are deemed unsuitable, by reason of content, to be displayed publicly at the Festival will be disqualified.
- The Festival organisers reserve the right to publish the winning entries on the Festival website, as well as to display all entries at Ufton Court on the day of the Festival.
- Festival organisers, judges and their families are not eligible to enter the competition.
“Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” – Anton Chekhov
Please contact Hazel Reindorp via email – firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.